The following is a list of the duties and responsibilities of the Tactical Department. Changes can be made as the situation demands. These duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive.
1. The Chief of Tactical and the Tactical Department will have fun.
2. The Chief of Tactical reports directly to the Executive Officer.
3. The Chief of Tactical is responsible to keep the members of the Tactical Department active and involved by informing them of activities and events. This includes creating departmental projects, making assignments, and solving problems and concerns.
4. The Chief of Tactical may appoint an Assistant Department Chief to assist with these duties. The Chief of Tactical will need to report this to the Command Staff.
5. The Chief of Tactical will attend staff meeting. If that person cannot attend then a replacement will be assigned (age 16 or older) from the department to go in the Chief’s stead and report back. The Chief also needs to inform a member of the Command Staff of the change.
6. At the Staff Meeting the Chief will give reports on departmental meetings, activities and projects. Crew member monthly duty reports and proposals will be turned in and previous reports will be returned with the crew members latest gains towards rank advancements.
7. The primary duty of the Tactical Department is to keep the crew informed of Star Trek Gaming and to coordinate any inter-ship/club competitions. Organizing teams of Ticonderoga crew members etc.
8. The Tactical Department will keep a running list of all weapons seen, used or mentioned in Star Trek. The members of the department are encouraged to develop a knowledge of the weapons used in Star Trek. This list will be made available for the crew to help in research and study. This could also be displayed on a departmental web page to be linked to the Ticonderoga web page.
9. The Tactical Department is encouraged to find any and all information about the actors (Denise Crosby, Tim Russ, Dominic Keating, etc.) or the characters (Worf, Tuvok, Malcom Reed, etc.) that are connected with the Tactical department. The department members may join their fan clubs and keep the rest of the ship informed to the activities thereof.
10. The Tactical Department is responsible to submit an article for each newsletter.
11. Any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Command Staff.