|Name (Character Name): Lt. Jeff Sullivan (TheeAngosian)
Position: Chief of Engineering
Joined: June 1997
Occupation: Project Manager
Favorite Trek Series: Star Trek: The Original Series
Character Species: Angosian
|Name (Character Name): Ensign Weylin Miller (Weylin)
Position: Engineering Tech
Joined: 1995 (USS Rendezvous)
Occupation: Pallet Sorter Supervisor
Favorite Trek Series: Star Trek: Voyager
Character Species: Klingon/Human
The following is a list of the duties and responsibilities of the Engineering Department. Changes can be made as the situation demands. These duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive.
- The Chief of Engineering and the Engineering Department will have fun.
- The Chief of Engineering reports directly to the Executive Officer.
- The Chief of Engineering is responsible to keep the members of the Engineering Department active and involved by informing them of activities and events. This includes creating departmental projects, making assignments, and solving problems and concerns.
- The Chief of Engineering may appoint an Assistant Department Chief to assist with these duties. The Chief of Engineering will need to report this to the Command Staff.
- The Chief of Engineering will attend staff meeting. If that person cannot then a replacement will need to be assigned (age 16 or older) from the department to go in the Chief’s stead and report back. The Chief also needs to inform a member of the Command Staff of the change. At the staff meeting the Chief will give reports on departmental meetings, activities, and projects. Crew member monthly duty reports and any proposals will be turned in and previous reports will be returned with the crew members latest gains towards rank advancement.
- The Chief of Engineering can collect money for the ships fund on the sale of club paraphernalia. This money would then be turned over to the Executive Officer. Money should be collected in an envelope with the crew member’s name, address, sizes and colors (if needed), total amount included and what the money is for.
- The primary duty of the Engineering Department is to coordinate the production of club paraphernalia and other items (T-Shirts, hats, jackets, fanny packs, etc.)
- The Engineering Department will keep a running list of all equipment seen, used or mentioned in Star Trek. The members of the department are encouraged to develop a knowledge of the equipment used in Star Trek. This list will be made available for the crew to help in research and study. This could also be displayed on a departmental web page to be linked to the Ticonderoga web page.
- The Engineering Department is encouraged to find any and all information about the actors (James Dohann, LaVar Burton, Connor Trinner, etc.) that are connected with the Engineering department or the characters (Montgomery Scott, Geordi LaForge, Charlie “Trip” Tucker, etc.) they portrayed. The department members may join their fan clubs and keep the rest of the ship informed as to the activities thereof.
- The Engineering Department is responsible to submit an article for each newsletter.
- Any additional duties as deemed necessary by the Command Staff.